Keeping Teeth and Gums Healthy
No different from humans going o the dentist, pets need to have check-ups also. Usually we can do this as part of an annual check. As well as toothache, pets can suffer from dental abscesses and oral infections that can spread to other areas of the body. Your pet can’t tell you about his or her toothache, but a dentist can identify problems before they become big issues. Healthy teeth and gums will help to keep your pet in good health and spirits.
Common Dental Checks
- The presence of abscesses within the oral cavity.
- Tartar hidden below the gum line
- Review the mouth for signs of trauma.
- Check for tumour or ulceration.
- Look for other systemic diseases, such as renal disease in cats.